Soul Doubt: Cut-n-Paste Kendra

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cut-n-Paste Kendra

Here's some particularly juicy fodder for conspiracy theorists that on a whim I decided to post paste on my poor neglected blog. Since I'm not feeling particularly inspired to write anything original, unfortunately, yet I don't want the darn thing to wither up and blow away.
Anyhow, I came across this in cyberspace and thought that in light of all the "assassination" nonsense already being hyped up in the media for our new President-Elect, I'd post it.

Okay, this starts out as just a bit coincidental:

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now a little weirder....

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.
Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln , was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters. (whatever)

Now, some irony:

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'
Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And irony at its finest...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe.

Funny, huh?

*****************************************************

So, although I am reduced to borrowing a method from Sholeh "Cut-n-Paste" Patrick at our city's nepotistic paper (she's the editor's wife), it's not as though there's nothing interesting going on in my life- in fact, it's the exact opposite: I'm so insanely busy with work, raising my son, coordinating Angel Tree Children's Ministry by Prison Fellowship at our church (a program that provides prisoners' children with Christmas presents), struggling to cut corners and save money for Christmas and Tony's birthday on Dec. 11th (which of course I always go all out for)... I feel like that lady in the Mirena commercial on TV, the one who doesn't have time to "finish a book, finish a sentence!"; or in my case, start OR finish a post on my blog.

Ah well, I see a New Year's resolution in the works... and perhaps reserving a half-hour or so every morning for writing would do wonders for my stress level? We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. that really is pretty funny about Kennedy. Sick and wrong as it is...
    I had heard the other coincidences but not, the, uh, last one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. speak of nepotism, since we moved to Idaho from the people's republic of Massachusetts, I have heard enough titillating Kennedy stories to last me a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better check yer facts on this kennedy lincoln story... try snopes.com ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read what I ramble about- I consider it an honor to get feedback from you guys, so please tell me what you think, feel, if you have a similar story... whatever you'd like! Thanks again and God bless.